Missing Shipment

bombay317 · 669

Offline bombay317

on: April 09, 2019, 10:31:32 PM
I ordered a replacement speaker for my Jagers and I never got it.  I sent some emails to the bottlehead team but havent gotten a response.  Is there a better way to help track down missing orders?

Niagara 7000
Benchmark DAC3L (XBOX1 and TV)
CA Performance w/ Satisfy Turntable
Talismann V2 CA Cartridge
Tavish Designs Adagio Vacuum Tube Phono
BHSE Amp
Stax SR-009
BeePre 300B w/ BeeQuiet and Cinemag Transformers
Kaiju 300B w/ DC Filament
Jäger Speakers
Transparent and Benchmark Cables

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 05:26:18 AM
Josh recently shifted from shipping to focusing on technical writing for us. Perhaps in that transition Eileen and I missed a handoff. Try emailing one more time - Eileen's email is queen at bottlehead dot com - and we'll sort it out.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 07:56:07 AM
The package was sent on Februrary 28th, to the office address you requested. The shipping software sent a tracking email to the same email address you had used to make the request, which is marked as having been read. I just resent that tracking email. No emails were received from you since February 28th (the last one was requesting adding a telephone number to the shipping label, which was done). The tracking shows attempted deliveries on March 14, 23rd, and April 10. It appears that the mail room at your office has been unable/unwilling to accept the package.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 09:07:55 AM
Kit Packer Emeritus, with gold stapler and tape cluster. We can only hope to fill your shoes. But not that old pair of Keds you kept under the desk for rainy days. You can keep those.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline bombay317

Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 05:13:49 AM
Thanks for your comments.  What actually happened is that the package was never attempted to be delivered by ParcelForce at all.  It was on a customs hold pending payments.  They said that they mailed a letter to me, but there were no letters received.  I paid the customs fee and they delivered it promptly.

Also of note, I did send two separate emails trying to find out what was happening with it, with one being on April 01, and the second being on April 04 both of which were never answered.  I was asking for assistance because I did not get the package.  I posted on this thread because of two subsequent emails with no contact from Bottlehead.

I was not posting this thread to fish for snark, but to get legitimate help from the team in tracking down the package.  Upon email again per Doc's suggestion, Eileen provided very good help and support.  I do understand that emails do get lost in the process.

When getting packages shipped internationally, I would suggest people both watch the tracking numbers closely, and keep an eye out for customs holds.  In a lot of instances, customs do not necessarily go out of their way to collect and deliver, and default to return shipping.  When changing hands from USPS to others, the tracking numbers don't always seem to reflect reality.

I appreciate Doc and Eileen's support in a quick resolution to the issue.

Niagara 7000
Benchmark DAC3L (XBOX1 and TV)
CA Performance w/ Satisfy Turntable
Talismann V2 CA Cartridge
Tavish Designs Adagio Vacuum Tube Phono
BHSE Amp
Stax SR-009
BeePre 300B w/ BeeQuiet and Cinemag Transformers
Kaiju 300B w/ DC Filament
Jäger Speakers
Transparent and Benchmark Cables