Integration shunt regulator voltage

oguinn · 3352

Offline oguinn

on: April 10, 2019, 08:48:52 AM
When checking the voltages on the shunt regulator, I get 106 on the A side MJE5731 and 108 on the B side. The manual says it should be 110 and 120. Any issues, or is this tolerable? Terminal 56 was 131.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 09:11:33 AM
The voltage on 56 being 131 tells us that the current sources are doing their jobs.  Zener voltage tolerance can be pretty variable, so I would go ahead and proceed.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline oguinn

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 11:02:07 AM
Thanks, Paul. My kit was missing a pair of resistors for the C4S boards, so I'll run it with just the shunt regulator for now.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Offline oguinn

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 10:07:20 AM
Everything's in and working well (many thanks to Eileen for shipping my missing resistors so quickly!). The voltage at terminal 31 was 61 VDC, but I think I read in a different thread that this isn't a huge issue. Overall it sounds excellent; the increase in gain was immediately obvious. More listening to come...

Jameson O'Guinn

-