T10 error in manual

PS2500 · 3311

Offline PS2500

on: May 03, 2019, 06:32:50 PM
I'm just beginning the main phase of building my Eros tape amp. A seriously delayed project! I think I bought the kit over three years ago. Very much looking forward to having it up and running.

My manual is the October 2013 revision, and in light of the recent post "Eros Tape: Build and listening review", I want to check whether this section in my manual is erroneous (p. 62):

Attach one lead of a 200k ohm resistor to T4U, do not solder. Attach the other lead to T5U and solder. Attach one lead of a second 200k ohm resistor to T11U and solder. Attach the other lead to T10U, do not solder.

Should I read T10U in this section as T12U?

Are there any other errors I should be looking out for?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 07:03:05 PM
Yes, you are correct, the pictures are correct but that terminal number is off by one. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline PS2500

Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 08:05:41 PM
Thank you!

Offline PS2500

Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 05:03:58 PM
As I'm resoldering the D and C terminals now to try to resolve my test problems with the shunt regulator, I'll mention another error that was in my version of the manual. I've highlighted the error in bold text:

"Attach one 1uF ceramic capacitor to C4 at one end and C5 at the other end. Attach another 1uF capacitor to C4 at one end and T13 U at the other end. Attach one more 1uF capacitor to C5 at one end and T8U at the other end. Solder C4, C5 and T8U."

Actually the legs of the capacitor wouldn't reach all the way over to T13 anyway, and the photo shows this capacitor connected between C4 and T8 (can't see very well, but looks like the upper half so T8U). And that's consistent with the next sentence (also quoted above), which says to solder C4, C5 and T8U.

I think most people will work that out for themselves, it's just that I'm going back and resoldering connections one by one, so I saw this manual error again.