I'm Heartbroken.

Thermioniclife · 878

Offline Thermioniclife

on: August 04, 2019, 07:41:01 AM
Well,
So I drove 40 miles yesterday in traffic to a former co-worker's house to collect some stuff I had stored with him.
we had a few beers and laughs then we went to a remote building on his property to get my stuff.
as we approached the door it became apparent that the door had been jimmied. A lump formed in my throat as I had a feeling as to what to expect. My fears were correct, the crappy furniture and boxes of junk I should have thrown out to begin with were there.
But alas the things that I really came for were gone.
Missing were my Foreplay 3 which I modified to incorporate an infra red remote source select and volume control, My Sex amp, a pair of Grado's, an early Theta Dac and a Rotel cd player along with a myriad of cables and the usual sundries.
They however were not interested in my parallel dc coupled 1626 Darling amp and separate power supply. So I still have that.
Oh well, Life bends you over that way sometimes.
On the bright side I have a BeePre on order and I see that the same type of ir relay controller kit is still available.
I was planning to scavenge the Foreplay 3 for that to add to my BeePre but I will order another kit and start from scratch.
Sorry but I have nobody else to cry about this to. I'm not looking for pity but no more foreplay and no more Sex is a tough thing to deal with.
So keep your eyes open on the usual auction sites for an Ir controlled Foreplay 3 and a Sex amp with a hideous green chassis plate.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Regards,
Lee

Lee R.

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 02:19:25 PM
Lee, that sucks. Maybe you should post your location in case something turns up on craigslist.

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 11:43:51 PM
Good point Natural sound,
I live on the east end of Long Island N.Y.

Lee R.

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 03:57:08 PM
Good point Natural sound,
I live on the east end of Long Island N.Y.

Ah... I'm originally from Suffolk County too (Babylon). I have some friends and family in the area. A few of them are Suffolk County PD. I just put out a (B)e (O)n the (L)ook (O)ut for you. Fingers crossed.

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 03:16:36 AM
Thanks Natural Sound,
Good to hear from a former islander.
Thanks for the BOLO, chances are pretty slim, this could have happened as long as a couple years ago. My Friend said he hadn't been in that building since then.
I blame myself because i could have gotten them out of there earlier but sometimes out of sight out of mind.
I recently retired and settled down to my old family homestead and now have the time to enjoy this hobby (disease, madness) again. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the BeePre i have on order.
Best wishes from Long Island.
Lee

Lee R.