New products wish

Alonzo · 913

Offline Alonzo

• Not all those who wander are lost
on: September 22, 2019, 04:07:33 PM
Hi Doc,
So, it's been awhile since something new.  What's been cooking in the new release space for you? 

If it was my wishes, it's be a package deal of a push pull 2A3 or 300B amp with a 15 or 18 inch high efficiency woofer in a short horn or bass reflex.  You cover all the other areas of hi fi listening, why not something for 150 Hz and below?
Alonzo

Alonzo
Gameroom:>Mainline to HD820, SR45 to Pipette
>BeePree Kaiju & SII to Altec 19 knockoffs
Office:>BH Stat amp to Koss 95x, T20 SET to JBL 4309s
Den:> MorePlay 845 SET to Altec Valencia's

Offline Raymond P.

Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 05:08:10 PM
I'm waiting for that 50 watt single ended amp kit from the new product survey.  ;D

Raymond P.

Offline Jamier

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 05:26:06 PM
You and me, and about a thousand others.

Jamie

James Robbins

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 08:06:11 PM
Yes, it's been a while since we have talked about new projects. Between our protracted move (finishing this month) and my racing at Bonneville the calendar was quite full this summer. There are some new things in the works, and I'll share as much as I am ready to share -

Closest on the radar is that PB and PJ are finalizing a new premium oriented kit that we hope to have ready to take orders for soon. We're working through some finalization of the layout right now, and I'll add more details when it seems appropriate. We've also been narrowing down the possibilities for a higher powered amp design after having made several very different iterations the past couple of years. I think we are getting quite close on something that satisfies my taste (a perk of being the boss). I've also been working with a multiple gold/platinum/Grammy award level recording engineer whose work I have greatly admired the past couple of years. He approached me about mic preamps and we will be doing some R&D together along those lines in the next few months. Longer term projects include looking into an ESL headphone amp design, a couple of line preamps and maybe a new guitar amp. And if anyone is interested in nitrous oxide progressive controllers for race bikes, well, I might be talked into doing a kit for those too!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Alonzo

Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 05:50:43 PM
Glad to see there are some things on the horizon, but not happy that the horizon is years away....
Try to get something to market before I'm too old to hold a hot iron :)

The high power amps and the new guitar amp are right in my wish list.    The Tode is a great little amp, but guitarists are such a clique and superstitious lot to break into.  Good luck with the new design (hopefully it's just a Tode with 2 speaker cabinet).

Alonzo

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 06:44:30 PM
but not happy that the horizon is years away....
It's not that far off!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Deke609

Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 01:41:24 AM
It's not that far off!

How about a tiny hint for people who might want to start saving up for it now? Is it vinyl-related? Speaker-related? Tape-related? Fill-in-the-blank _____________-related? 

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 05:26:14 AM
I am doing my best to have something photo worthy in the next month at the absolute latest.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Alonzo

Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 05:27:27 AM
If only people would stop interrupting you with there special projects.... ;)

Alonzo

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 06:31:49 AM
I wouldn't say years. The first amp design is projected at a November release. All the other stuff is likely to hit over the next 12 months - if we feel we have a viable prototype.

There were a couple of other things that took some precedence this year. One was a detour into repairing several pieces of badly damaged Nagra gear at the request of Nagra Audio. Those projects are being wrapped up and we are now moving our focus back to our own products. Another is a design project that we were asked to do by someone this year. That project is also at a point where we have pretty well completed our contribution. And so we now have more time to apply to new designs.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.