Help with C4S (Finished build/install - 2/4 LEDs not glowing) [resolved]

Shponglize · 766

Offline Shponglize

Hi All,

Hoping this is a quick fix.

After having a full functional SeX 3.0 for many months I decided to build the C4S today.  Build and install were pretty easy, voltage even measured within the given range from the manual (OA @ 68.2V DC+ OB @ 70.4V DC) but only the OB (right) side of the board lights up.  The left (OA) side LEDs do not.  I have included pics of the board with power showing this and a few others.  Hopefully someone can see or recommend something.

Almost done!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 07:22:57 AM by Shponglize »

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 04:17:56 PM
You need more solder and more heat on most of those solder joints.  As an example, I can see through the hole on the board at the IB connection.  That needs to have solder covering it, and you need to heat that solder till it flows through to the other side of the PC board.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Deluk

Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 03:21:11 AM
There is one wire to the lower connection of the right hand tag of the strip, should there be another to the top hole?
Yes, some extra solder needed and a at least one wire waiting to be trimmed I think.

Offline Shponglize

Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 07:22:36 AM
Reflowing some solder to the joins PB mentioned did the trick.  Kudos to seeing that in such a grainy pic!

Off to a listening session to check out the enhanced sound.  Thanks everyone!