help---headphones

abaloghtesla · 865

Offline abaloghtesla

on: April 14, 2020, 09:39:28 AM
I need to know what type or brand name headphones to run out the output jacks of a stereomore11

Offline Tom-s

Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 10:00:35 AM
Could you please rephrase your question?

Deke609

Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 12:06:42 PM
I would try a set of power hungry planar magnetic headphones - I use Audeze LCD4 and am very pleased with the result.

If you're just looking to try it out and don't want to spend a ton of $, you might try Massdrop's Hifiman 4xx that sell for around $150. I've never heard them. Otherwise I think you'll have to spend 10x that much or more.

cheers, Derek

Offline abaloghtesla

Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 01:56:30 PM
reply to TomS: what brand name planar headphone would be a good mate for the output jacks of  a stereomour 11 amp set up for 8 ohm output. I have been looking at so many, that I have a headache. There are just too many to choose from. I want life to be a little more simpler.
reply to Deke609--Thanks alot--thats a start

Offline Raymond P.

Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 09:15:21 PM
My guess is that the SII can easily drive a lot of headphones out there. But to recommend one, knowing some information would help - such as, budget and the kind of sound signature you like (e.g. warm, neutral, analytical, bassy, etc.)

If you're new to headphones and are not sure what kind of sound you like, a good starter pair would be the Sennheiser HD600 or HD650 (which is the same as the cheaper Massdrop HD6XX.) Those are widely popular, well regarded, and have a sound signature agreeable to many ears. They'll make good references as you journey down the headphone hobby.

Good luck.

Raymond P.

Offline abaloghtesla

Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 04:23:08 AM
Thank you very much. That will be a good start for me. I appreciate all the help that everyone has given me.