Next run

Doc B. · 8527

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
on: May 22, 2020, 11:37:58 AM
We've been out of the Jagers for a few weeks now and I see several names on the Jager wait list. I have an interest in doing a pair of Jagers in walnut veneer. It's a somewhat involved process to switch over to walnut from the birch. Allowances in thickness may need to be worked out and edge banding materials need to be acquired as well as the veneered panel material. I am wondering if others might be interested in walnut cabinets as well. If there is enough interest we could probably include panel sets made for any current owners who might want a pair of walnut cabs as well as the new production run of kits.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline oguinn

Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 11:45:46 AM
Aw man, that would’ve been my veneer of choice! I’m interested!

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline caffeinator

Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 04:13:36 AM
I'd be interested, too (cabinets only).

Offline Anton

Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 04:03:45 PM
Hello!
Any update on the next run timing?
Working from home in the pandemic times - time saved in traffic could be used for that speakers project.
And also a question - I am using Cain&Cain Abbys for last 8-9 years or so. Do you think Jager will be better/different enough to justify this investment?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 06:17:15 AM by Anton »

Eros phono / Foreplay III extended upgrade / Paramount 300B/ S.E.X. 2.1 impedance switch upgrade

Offline Interlukens1

Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 08:06:23 AM
I'd definitely be interested in this finish!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 08:19:54 AM
We've been quite busy filling orders and writing a new preamp assembly manual so I have to admit I have not gotten any further with this. I will contact the cabinet maker next week and see what his current production situation is with respect to the pandemic.
Re the Abbys - obviously I can't tell anyone what they will like best, but I can say the Jagers will sound very different than the Abbys.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline pfontana

Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 11:08:35 AM
I'd be interested in some walnut veneers cases.  That's my preferred look too.
Thanks,
Philip Fontana

Offline robertod

Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 05:45:36 AM
yes, I would be interested in walnut veneers cabs. (cabinets only)

Rega P6
George Wright Sound WPL20 preamp with phono
George Wright Sound 2A3 Mono Blocks 3.5 watts
Audio Note M-1 Phono Pre-Amplifier
Jager Speakers

Offline oguinn

Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 03:26:18 AM
Hey Doc, any update? I know you all have been very busy.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 05:43:38 AM
Sorry, we have indeed been busy as heck. I will try to contact the cabinet maker this week.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline oguinn

Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 07:23:19 AM
Thanks! No grief intended.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #11 on: August 26, 2020, 08:15:46 AM
No grief at all, I appreciate the enthusiasm! We're just playing bop-a-mole with a number of upcoming projects at the moment. I sent an RFQ for walnut cabinets a short while ago. 

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #12 on: August 27, 2020, 05:04:10 AM
What I know so far -

The raw baltic plywood panel size that is veneered to order with walnut is a little smaller than the pre-veneered birch we have been using. This increases what is called the falloff, i.e., extra material is needed since not as many pieces can cut from these slightly smaller sheets. Thus it will not be as efficient a use of material. That and the cost of the custom veneer itself will mean a higher price for these cabinets than the birch ones. I don't have that price yet, but I will crunch numbers as soon as I do and let everyone know what it would run.

Once ordered it will take a few weeks to get the veneered material in at the CNC shop. So it might take 4-6 weeks to get cabinets out after we order the material.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline oguinn

Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 04:47:40 AM
Hey Doc, just checking back in. Even if you don’t have a dollar-perfect amount, do you have a ballpark?

I’m finishing up a bench for my wife so I have space coming free in the workshop again.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 06:17:41 AM
Bugging the cabinet guy for an answer has proven to be part of the manufacturing process. It's on my list today.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.