Mullard tube manufacture.

Thermioniclife · 474

Offline Thermioniclife

on: July 03, 2020, 05:32:37 AM
Hey folks,
If any of you have a half hour to spare check this video out. It boggles the mind all of the machinery used to manufacture tubes.
It also demonstrates the human factor involved, while not very physically demanding, the repetitive nature of this work must be very boring and exhausting.

Lee R.

Offline oguinn

Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 06:10:28 AM
I’m sure they were grateful for hitting their activity goal on their Apple Watch. Probably threw on a Spotify playlist and just zoned out.

actually, this might have been shot too early for Spotify. They were probably still using Zunes then. 

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline Deluk

Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 02:11:28 AM
I suspect that the noise levels were to high even to listen to this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_While_You_Work
I had a girl friend that worked at Brimar Valves near here at Strrod in Kent UK. I guess that will date me. Much!

Valves will always be magic to me and the designers of all that automated mechanical manufacturing equipment have to get a lot pf praise too. Fascinating!