Mainline 1.1 Universal Power Supply Wiring

mercury128 · 652

Offline mercury128

on: September 01, 2020, 01:28:14 AM
Hi All

Greetings from down under. I’m working on the new Mainline 1.1 kit with the universal power transformer. Here in Australia the voltage is 230V. The first step in wiring the power transformer for this voltage states to attach a black solid wire to terminals 13 and 31U. It doesn’t say to solder, but at no other step later on are we asked to solder these two terminals before going on to the power transformer secondary test. It seems somewhat similar for wiring of other potential voltages, with terminal 13 having a wire attached but not soldered, and some other terminals attached with wires and also not instructed to be soldered before going on to the test (terminal 14 for less than 115V mains voltages for example).   

Should I be soldering these two terminals at this step before doing the secondary test, or have I missed something?

Thanks
- Alex

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 04:47:11 AM
Yes, you are correct that this needs to be soldered.  I just submitted that info to get the manual tweaked. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline mercury128

Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 05:00:50 AM
Great - Thanks for the quick response Paul. Would I be able to get an updated copy of the manual once any and all of the changes have all be completed and approved?

- Alex

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 05:02:47 AM
I don't see why not, drop me an e-mail at pb(at)bottlehead(dot)com and I can send you a download link when I see the updates post.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline mercury128

Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 05:10:52 AM
Thanks PB - will do.
- Alex