Switchable SUTs on Eros 2

WoosMD · 569

Offline WoosMD

on: September 03, 2020, 09:16:04 AM
Long time Bottlehead user, first time poster! I built my first BH kit (the Crack HP amp) when I was 17, and have built many more in the 11 years since then.

I'm using a Denon 103 into Cinemag 3440A xformers. Right now I have them wired up in a separate box. I'm interested in mounting them directly onto the Eros 2, but ideally they would be switchable, in/out. I'm thinking the best way to do this (for layout and financial reasons) is to use two 4PDT relays. The relay I'm looking at is the Omron MY4-02 DC6.

Am I on the right track? I'm not sure about the current ratings on the PT / filament regulator, would they be able to handle the added ~150mA from holding the relay? Is that even the right relay for this purpose?

Thanks in advance for your advice!!!!!

-Tim

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 09:26:00 AM
There's a 1/4" hole in the chassis that you could use for a toggle switch.  I guess I'd have to ask why you would want to switch them out?

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline WoosMD

Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 09:31:08 AM
My dad and I have several turntables hooked up, and love to A/B different cartridges. I'm currently running an Eros 2 and he an Eros 1. Maybe it makes more sense to hard-wire the SUTs on the Eros 2 and keep the Eros 1 stock? I was thinking it would be nice to switch on the same pre...

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 10:05:20 AM
Yes, they are electrically essentially identical, so just swapping Eros 1 and Eros 2 is certainly valid for comparisons.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man