Fixed my Crack with some Schitt

ALL212 · 444

Offline ALL212

on: September 13, 2020, 01:10:11 PM
As some of us must be doing I'm also trying to mix my stay at home office routine with some music.  Our dog doesn't like me in the basement (goofy thing will come down and pretend he's got to go out...then when I get up and am at the door he just stares at me.   >:( )  So I've taken over our "TV room" and he appears to think that's ok. 

We're not big TV folk so all I have is a small cheap receiver, a DVD player and a pair of some decent speakers.  I added the Crack but had a really bad hum.  I assumed it was due to the power in the house and chased that for a bit before I decided to just unplug the inputs - hum gone.  So my DVD player (Oppo UDP203) was pushing 60 hz through the RCA outputs.   I really had no options on this one as the low end receiver doesn't have pre outs (or really any outs for that matter other than speakers).

I used the Schiit Modi (multibit) with a DC power supply and an optical cable from Oppo to the DAC and no more hum.   8)

Now we'll see if I get any work done.   ::)

Aaron Luebke

Offline Colonl_Charisma

Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 04:57:38 PM
Nice! I plan on using my Schiit Modi with my Crack too. Glad to hear that it's working well.

Ross