New acquisition for the listening space

oguinn · 595

Offline oguinn

on: November 15, 2020, 11:08:52 AM
Picked up a Plycraft Mr. Chair recently and plopped it in my listening space. I think it really ties the place together. Have a little restoration to do (hit me up if you’ve ever done any and have some tips), but I’m happy with it!

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Deke609

Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 11:18:02 AM
That's cool. I'd be inclined to only give it a cleaning and then a bit wax.  I think it looks pretty good as is. It has a bit of history.

cheers, Derek

Offline oguinn

Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 11:38:15 AM
There are a couple structural issues (the center post protruding too far down and making it wobble is chief among them), otherwise I agree.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 04:59:31 PM
That is pretty cool...John

John Scanlon

Offline Jay

Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 05:12:43 AM
can you adjust the height of the pads on the pedestal to give the center post more clearance?

Jay L.

Offline oguinn

Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 06:34:35 AM
Not the glides that were attached when I bought it. I have new ones coming, though. I also clamped a piece of wood to the feet so it was snug against the post and then I smacked it a few times with a rubber mallet. That raised it enough to clear the floor and slide a felt pad underneath it.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 08:39:29 AM
Sat in an Eames lounge chair when I went through counseling during a divorce a zillion years ago. I still recall it being one of the most comfortable chairs I ever sat in even though the situation sucked. We've been slumming on 90s vintage Poang swivel chairs for the past ten or so years in our home theater. I toy with the idea of replacing them with the old style Ekornes stressless with the copper plated metal frame. Lots of interesting designs to try.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline oguinn

Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 09:51:52 AM
This one is pretty comfortable even without the divorce counseling.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 10:05:39 AM
The counseling helped with the divorce not so much. Meeting Eileen definitely helped me forget about the divorce. Actually it made me forget about the counseling too. I quite literally forgot an appointment after a night with Eileen. Counselor wasn't too happy, but I sure was! I may swap chairs, but I'll stick with this wife 100%.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.