I Just Called To Say I Love You

oguinn · 3930

Offline oguinn

on: January 13, 2021, 09:05:31 AM
I spent a bunch of time after building my Jaegers positioning and re-positioning these things to get the image centered. I attribute this to my oddly shaped room more than anything. I’ve got painter’s tape on the floor to mark where my chair and each speaker goes.

The point here is that I really love these speakers. A ton of detail, even at very low volumes. Great bass without a subwoofer. They’re a nice match with the Kaiju and BeePre (and the Stereomour I have powering the tweeters).

More than anything I wanted to post a glowing review in case others were on the fence.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 10:27:16 AM
Thanks Jameson. I'll put your $5 in the mail this afternoon.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline johnsonad

Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 10:35:52 AM
Nice quick review.  I don't own them but have listened to them many times at  BH headquarters and at BP's house.  They really are a great sounding speaker that was designed to work with BH gear. I hope that more people get the opportunity to hear them!

Aaron Johnson

Offline oguinn

Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 11:33:55 AM
Thanks Jameson. I'll put your $5 in the mail this afternoon.

I’d rather pay you for walnut cabinets ;)

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 01:08:05 PM
I am still working that angle. I found out yesterday that along with the new batch of birch cabinet panels that we should have by Friday or thereabouts I may be able to get some sample panels in the walnut. We have to piggy back on the walnut panel order of another client at the cabinet shop because the panels are custom made. So it's not clear if or when we might be able to do a run. But I may at least get a couple panels to look at soon.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline oguinn

Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 01:12:51 PM
I was mostly giving you a hard time, but that would be really great if it happened.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 06:33:16 PM
If the walnut panals don't work out. Learning to venier is fun, this is DIY. The  paper backed stuff is pretty easy to use...John

John Scanlon

Offline FS

Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 08:50:54 AM
Heads-up for the walnut cabinet piggy-back... ;D