Beepre 2 line-out gain

denteom · 716

Offline denteom

on: February 02, 2021, 01:41:01 AM
Looking at the photo of BeePre2, I noticed that there is only one single ended line out (with provision of quasi XLR). Can we can put two single ended line outs, that is selectable?  What is the line out gain in db? Is it variably selectable (that is; can we set different gains, from 0 gain to 9?)
I also read the Beepre 2 will have upgrades to the volume control and a buffered circuits (which will make it more compatible to solid state power amp)?  When will these be available and can they be bought together as a set with the kit.  Thanks

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 07:07:17 AM
Looking at the photo of BeePre2, I noticed that there is only one single ended line out (with provision of quasi XLR). Can we can put two single ended line outs, that is selectable?
Sure, you'll need to add the switch somewhere and an extra set of RCA jacks.
  What is the line out gain in db? Is it variably selectable (that is; can we set different gains, from 0 gain to 9?)
The gain of the base kit is 6dB (I suspect it's a bit higher with the upgrades, but I haven't had time to measure).   The output level is adjustable with the volume pot.
I also read the Beepre 2 will have upgrades to the volume control and a buffered circuits (which will make it more compatible to solid state power amp)?  When will these be available and can they be bought together as a set with the kit.  Thanks
The manual drafts are finished for these upgrades and we will be releasing them when the first big batch of BeePres is out, which is very soon.  When all three are out, sure, you can buy them together.  We 1000% recommend building the stock kit first and letting it run for a few weeks before moving onto the upgrades so you know you have a solid base build.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man