Help! Dead Paramour

DavidS · 2297

Offline DavidS

on: November 27, 2010, 06:02:18 PM
My first generation Paramours have worked great since built and upgraded with the C4S boards. I was cleaning with a damp cloth and when next I turned one, on, nothing.....I swapped tubes, no change. I replaced the fuse, and promptly blew the new one. Have I shorted something? Or is it just a coincidence and something else died? Where to start to track it down? No sign of loose wires or bad solder joint by eye....Any suggestions appreciated....
David

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 04:58:47 AM
Do the resistance checks in the manual first. Note T25 should be 200 ohms, not 2 ohms, if that typo has not bee marked in your manual yet. While doing that, look for electrolytic caps that are bulging at the ends. Also, while you are in there with the ohmeter, check the resistance of the power transformer high-voltage windings. You should have the Hammond power transformer (label on the back side of the core). The black and white wires are the primary and should read about 10 ohms. The high voltage secondary are the orange, brown, and violet wires. You should read about 200 ohms brown to orange, 220 ohms violet to orange, and 420 ohms brown to violet.

That's a start, anyhow.

Paul Joppa