StereomourII + Fostex BK-20

Beerfab · 2722

Offline Beerfab

on: March 04, 2021, 03:46:57 AM
I am looking to pair a Stereomour II with a set of Fostex BK-20 full range speakers (madisound cabinets) using the Fostex FE208E Sigma drivers (97 db/ wm) 8" with the folded horn.  room is pretty large as it is basically living room, dining and kitchen area with 9' ceilings maybe 17x45.  I cant fit a pair of jagers where I need to put speakers due to overall height restrictions.

has anyone used these with a bottle head amp?  if yes what were your impressions?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 04:50:22 AM
What kind of music do you listen to? 

For a big room and big music but not enough height for Jagers, I would be doing some research on Klipsch models.  In particular the bigger reference series towers might be a better match for what you're looking to do. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Beerfab

Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 05:09:21 AM
paul,
A bit of everything really.  i like voices.  margo timmens in the cowboy junkies, stan rogers (folk), dire straights, hazmat modine, fairfield four, so basicaly a mix of rock, folk, bluegrass, jazz, emphasis on voices. 

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 05:23:29 AM
For a strictly vocal diet, the fostex horns will do pretty well.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Beerfab

Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 01:12:44 PM
Thanks Paul.   After a bit more research and talking around I’m thinking of going with the blumenstein Tritons instead.