Another Stereomour II is Born!

kcleveland · 853

Offline kcleveland

on: March 18, 2021, 02:56:51 AM
Hey All,
Just want to share my Stereomour II build and to say a big thank you to Paul B. and the team for assisting with a couple of issues I had during the amp testing. All is good now and the sound is fantastic with my Madisound BK-16 kit speakers. Huge value in this little 3.5W beastie. Plenty of volume in a smaller room (12x12) with great dynamics and not at all "romantic" or "euphonic" sound with great upper, upper-mid and midrange to die for. The bass isn't half bad either considering the 6.5" single driver with horn loading. Attached a couple pics (may be rotated) and you may notice I swapped out the power switch toggle for a rotary switch with another knob provided by Eileen (thanks).
Very satisfied customer,
Kurt

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 04:22:55 AM
Looks great!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 04:45:53 AM
I like the rotary switch idea!

Lee R.

Offline kcleveland

Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 05:30:38 AM
Just wanted to add that my SMII is modded with Shunt Regulator and DC Filament supply. Also replaced the balance and volume pots with Audionote parts and the selector switch with an Elma swiss made part. The sound quality per dollar is tremendous.

Offline Karl5150

Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 05:57:27 AM
Very nice, how'd you do the labeling?
Karl

Karl
Downstairs: Planar3>PH-16>Stereomour II>OB Betsy+
Upstairs: RP1>Eros/CD5004>Seductor (2x Monoblocks)>FH3
Office: Modi Uber 2/Sirius>SEX2.1.1>µFonken FF85WK + DC160 subs
BR: FiiO M6>SEX3.0.1>ScanSpeak 10F + TangBand W6 (Mono)/DT770Pro
Garage: X12 streamer>Quicksand>Minimus 77

Offline kcleveland

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 08:07:31 AM
Labeling is just 3/8" wide clear tape with black text using a basic Brother P-Touch. There's a style for shadow italics and round border or some such mode that I thought looked nice.

Offline kcleveland

Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 08:08:57 AM
I also got lucky with the power transformer shell painted gold which really picks up the Bottlehead logo background color.

Offline kcleveland

Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 04:55:00 AM
Listening to Jorma Kaukonen's "Blue Country Heart" this AM and the sound is simply sublime. Truly stunned at the richness of tone and surprising top end with the Madisound BK-16 kit speakers. Perfect system for smaller rooms (bedroom in my case). Plenty loud for all but the true "metal heads" out there. Well done Bottlehead crew!
Very pleased indeed,
Kurt