Confusion reconciling resistors with parts list [resolved]

jonathan.lesser · 941

Offline jonathan.lesser

Dear Bottlehead Community,

I am finding some deviation in the resistors I have received from the descriptors on the parts list and the photos in the manual.  This is making me hesitant to procee3d because I know that any error can result in a non-functioning unit.  For instance, there are supposed to be 2 X 37.4, 49.9 and 90.9nOhm resistors, all brown, no colored resistor bands.  They are supposed to be labelled 37R4F, 49R9F, and 90R9F respectively.  I have the later two sets, but the former, the 37.5 is blue, not brown, and says 1834 on the resistor, not 37R4F - yet it measures at 37,4 Ohms.  The second example is that there are supposed to be 2 X 100KOhm 2W (Brown Black, Yellow, Gold) and 2X 100KOhm 3W (Brown Black, Yellow, Gold) - I am assuming the 3W to be commensurately larger than the 2W as there is no descriptor.  In any case, the presumed 2W is marked correctly with resistor bands, but the supposed 3W version is pink with no banding and therefore different than the manual.  I am including pictures and would appreciate some input whether I am screwing up here or just dealing with some different stocking and should go by measurements on my meter and size disparities indicating 2W vs. 3W, etc.

Thank you very much in advance,

Jon Lesser
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 05:59:12 AM by Paul Birkeland »

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 05:55:55 AM
Yes, always go by what your meter says.  The 100K 3W resistors will be physically larger than the 100K 2W resistors.

Covid has decreased parts availability rather substantially, so receiving some parts that look a little different will be the norm for a while.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline jonathan.lesser

Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 05:58:56 AM
Thank you Paul!  I don't want to have to be writing you later and driving you nuts while you are trying to figure out why my Mainline is not working - would love to get this right on the first try!

Much appreciated

Jon Lesser