Very caught up at the moment

Doc B. · 978

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
on: June 25, 2021, 12:36:53 PM
We've been able to maintain the shipping pace this busy month and one will find the shipping status page looks quite caught up at the moment. The only kits pending for more than a day or two are several Jager kits that I am working on right now. I just spent a couple of days at the laser cutter making crossover and impedance compensation network boards, felt diffusers and tweeter gaskets for those kits and they are going to start packing up early next week.

So now is a great time to order a kit with a relatively short wait to receive it. I want to give a heads up that toward the end of summer we will be VERY busy with Bonneville, a wedding and possibly another event or two. At that point lead times may start to stretch out compared to right now.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline pduk

Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 10:12:04 PM
Hi Doc

I've been itching to build another kit recently and want to order a BeePre 2 but have been holding off in the hope of the upgrade(s) being ready so I can order everything in one go, mainly to simplify import duty / delivery (there's a standing charge component along with the duty itself). Are upgrades imminent or should I go ahead with the base BeePre2 order now? Any advice gratefully received.

Paul.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 05:26:51 AM
The release of the first upgrade is coming right up.  There's on critical part in that kit with a long lead time, so we wanted to be sure they'd be on the way before taking orders.  Having said that, I would suggest ordering the stock BeePre on its own, then both upgrades when they are out later.  The second upgrade doesn't have any obscure parts and shouldn't have much of a delay relative to the first. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline pduk

Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 05:37:17 AM
Thanks Paul, your reply is greatly appreciated!

(another) Paul.

Offline Tubegopher

• Don Palmer
Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 05:54:39 PM
I just have a question from curiosity's sake.
Why when Bottlehead is located in Poulsbo, WA is the time 3 hours behind our time on the West Coast?
Thanks

300B amps with 6SJ7 in Triode mode, dc fil. volt. for 300Bs. BeePre with Bill Milosz built Eros Phono. Teres Turntable, Pete Riggle "12 inch Woody Tonearm" Grace F9  with Soundsmith ruby cantilever stylus.Cambridge Audio CD with MHDT Labs Orchid DAC Rega NAOS Spkrs, Atelier Rullit super tweeters

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 07:47:58 AM
Try profile/modify profile/look and layout/time offset (auto detect)

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Tubegopher

• Don Palmer
Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 09:18:41 AM
Thank You Doc! :D

300B amps with 6SJ7 in Triode mode, dc fil. volt. for 300Bs. BeePre with Bill Milosz built Eros Phono. Teres Turntable, Pete Riggle "12 inch Woody Tonearm" Grace F9  with Soundsmith ruby cantilever stylus.Cambridge Audio CD with MHDT Labs Orchid DAC Rega NAOS Spkrs, Atelier Rullit super tweeters