Blast from the past as an introspective review of what we forget

Thermioniclife · 2076

Offline Thermioniclife

So I jut reviewed my Utube  music library and listened to Edger Winter Frankenstein from 1973 with my C2A and I feel the same way as I did when I first heard it as a Freshman in High School. Quite an innovative composition and production at that time. It also does not hurt to have Rick Derringer on that also. This brings back many memories and songs that I have forgotten about. Sometimes it is good to delve into the past to appreciate what has formed us and perhaps can remind us how we can expand our passion. Best wishes to all.

It may not be your cup of tea, Just expressing my thoughts.

Lee R.

Offline johnsonad

Wow, that was impressive!

Aaron Johnson

Offline Mucker

Those were the days. Incredible musicianship. The energy of flat out great jamming! I love the rawness of these types of performances:

« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 07:02:33 PM by Mucker »

Offline Thermioniclife

Excellent choices Mucker, love Frampton comes alive! " Bob Mayo on the keyboards Bob Mayo " It's funny how one spark can lead to
a wildfire of emotions.

Lee R.

Offline Karl5150

All great - There is a reason it's called Classic Rock. As now and always, I know there were many artists that were underappreciated, but the staples of rock radio from the late 60s and early/mid 70s are still in heavy rotation on my TT and my satellite radio.
Karl

Karl
Downstairs: Planar3>PH-16>Stereomour II>OB Betsy+
Upstairs: RP1>Eros/CD5004>Seductor (2x Monoblocks)>FH3
Office: Modi Uber 2/Sirius>SEX2.1.1>µFonken FF85WK + DC160 subs
BR: FiiO M6>SEX3.0.1>ScanSpeak 10F + TangBand W6 (Mono)/DT770Pro
Garage: X12 streamer>Quicksand>Minimus 77

Offline Mucker

Excellent choices Mucker, love Frampton comes alive! " Bob Mayo on the keyboards Bob Mayo " It's funny how one spark can lead to
a wildfire of emotions.

Your OP of Edgar Winter is awesome. One of the greatest performances ever recorded IMO!

Bob Mayo was so dam good! That whole band just nailed it, the precussion, bass, boards, and guitar form an unmatched chemistry. I am so glad I was lucky enough to grow up through all that. I grew up on vinyl, tossed it when CD came into being, and now back with a vengeance into analog. I have a very good collection of high rez digital, but still much prefer a well mastered piece of vinyl through a Bottlehead tube amp.

Of course I also love an old video in 4:3 format in lossy audio format such as the vids in this thread. Pure gold IMO! Great thread and thanks for starting it!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 09:25:39 PM by Mucker »

Offline Jay

A bit of history: https://www.synthtopia.com/content/2010/05/08/the-story-of-edgar-winters-frankenstein/
Guess who was born a hop skip and jump to the south of Beaumont Texas where Edgar and Johnny were born.

Jay L.

Offline Thermioniclife

Would that be you? I read the article and there is no mention of who wrote it.

Lee R.

Offline Jay

I meant another famous south Texas artist!  hint J.J.

Jay L.

Offline Mucker

I meant another famous south Texas artist!  hint J.J.

I had no idea you were a Janet Jackson fan Jay!

j/k  ;D

Another good one is 200 miles west of Beaumont ..... hint ... E.J.