Build instructions for original Foreplay

ToolGuyFred · 4334

Offline ToolGuyFred

on: December 13, 2010, 10:51:34 PM
Hi Folks

[grovel]
Here is a post in desparation. I have already e-mailed Queen Eileen and assume the lack of response means the old stuff isn't supported any more - which is fair enough - I'm not complaining here.

Ten years ago I started an original Foreplay. Finished the case and got the base plate anodised gold. Disruptions in my personal life left it consigned to the attic from where I have just uncovered it. I have the complete kit (I think) along with the C4S upgrade and the stepped attenuator kit. The instructions for the upgrades are present but the construction manual for the amp is missing.

Is there anyone out there can sell/lend/etc. me a copy of the build manual for an original Foreplay, please? Many thanks in advance.
[/grovel]

John
Amateur Audiophile and Backstreet Boffin.
Original Foreplay with C4S + Sweet Whispers
ParaSEX amps with MQ nickel-cored outputs
Factory-built Lowther Acousta 115s with silver-coiled DX3s, wired in DNM solid-core
KEF active sub (help for the last couple of octaves).
Bottlehead DAC on batteries.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 01:35:33 AM
PM sent.

I would like an official Bottlehead go ahead to email files.

Doc, PJ, Queen please let me know if it is OK with you guys.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 04:50:39 AM
Hi Folks

[grovel]
Here is a post in desparation. I have already e-mailed Queen Eileen and assume the lack of response means the old stuff isn't supported any more - which is fair enough - I'm not complaining here.

Much more likely that your mail got tripped up by her spam filter or she has just been working her way through a large bunch of correspondence. Honestly I'm even not sure if we still have that manual in our archive at the new office, but we'll take a look. It would certainly be fine with me if Grainger wants to send you a scan in the meantime.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline ToolGuyFred

Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 06:09:07 AM
Thanks, Doc.

John
Amateur Audiophile and Backstreet Boffin.
Original Foreplay with C4S + Sweet Whispers
ParaSEX amps with MQ nickel-cored outputs
Factory-built Lowther Acousta 115s with silver-coiled DX3s, wired in DNM solid-core
KEF active sub (help for the last couple of octaves).
Bottlehead DAC on batteries.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 06:48:40 AM
I'll get some scanning done tonight.  I'm in need of shopping today.  I'm in trouble...

No manual found and you have a PM.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:29:09 AM by Grainger49 »

Offline QueenBottlehead

• Administrator
Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 08:36:44 AM
Hi Fred, I checked my e-mail and couldn't find it. I'd be happy to send you the manual but I'll need to get your information. You can e-mail me at: q u e e n @ b o t t l e h e a d . c o m (remove the spaces) or call at: 206-451-4275.
Best Regards,
Eileen

edited the address to hopefully limit the amount of spam the queen receives (dbishopbliss)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 06:17:08 AM by dbishopbliss »