Screws for the LARGE transformer cover...

Ivan303 · 3484

Offline Ivan303

on: July 31, 2021, 03:36:15 AM
Nope.  Neither had them attached to the bottom but....

As a DIYer who is also a screw-loser, I have a large assortment of black hex head screws in that particular size (M3) and of assorted lengths so I am fine.

The smaller cover came equipped with LARGE silver Philips head screws and all went together nicely.  Manual is great (so far) and, thanks to the size (large) and being a Mono Block, the mechanical parts seem to go together much easier than the S.E.X. amp with WAY to much stuff squeezed into a small package. 

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 03:51:58 AM
The SEX amp is a rather full little chassis.  I'm glad you were able to source some M4 screws. 

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 06:05:57 AM
Sorry about that. There should have been 8 little flat head Phillips screws included for those covers. We have an issue with them missing from the packing list, and we will address that.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Online Thermioniclife

Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 06:23:40 AM
Just to let you know my kits were missing them also. No big deal, a quick trip to the hardware store and all was good.

Lee R.

Offline RdDgWest

Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 09:57:51 AM
Hi
Just started the MonAmour build.  Got to the step for the large transformer cover and found no screws in the bottom of the cover. 
What is the spec for the screws? 
Appears to be M4 but what is the length needed?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 10:14:33 AM
M4 is the size, length should be 10-15mm.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline RdDgWest

Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 10:22:04 AM
Thank you Paul
Off to the hardware store this evening.

Offline RdDgWest

Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 04:00:17 PM
Hi Paul. 
Looks like the M4's are not going to work for the large transformer cover. 
They appear to work for the smaller. 

Is it possible the larger transformer cover is tapped for M3's or another screw type?

Apologies for the fuzzy photo if a better photo is needed, let me know.

Thank you

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #8 on: July 19, 2022, 06:13:56 PM
Hmm, now that I look at my stash the smaller transformer cover takes the M4s and the larger cover takes M3s.  Not what I had recollected while out and about today!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline RdDgWest

Reply #9 on: July 20, 2022, 03:50:08 AM
Thank you Paul.
I could have taken the transformer cover with me as well.  Returned and M3-0.5 x 10mm Everbilt from home depot fit. 
No worries and Thank You.

Let the build continue  :)

Offline FS

Reply #10 on: January 09, 2024, 08:13:05 AM
Hi,

Same issue here. The screws for the larger covers were missing. I am assuming that they are not accounted for in the packing list because they are supposed to come screwed into the cover as it is with the smaller covers.
In the instructions, the attachment of the larger covers comes before the installation of the meters. I assumed that the 8 black screws 4-40x3/4" that came in the kit are supposed to hold these covers, and they worked. When I got to the installation of the meters, which are the last to install before moving to wiring and soldering, I noticed that I didn't have any screws for that and realized that those are the ones that I had used on the covers. Luckily, I had some shorter screws available (4-40x3/8"). I swapped those for the black 3/4" screws. The covers are attached securely, so I don't bother switching those out for the correct M3 flavor.
Back to working on the kit... :)
Cheers,
FS