Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:07:32 AM
Just want to give an update:

We are just waiting for a shipment of the PC boards to come in and these update kits will be packing and shipping. I am in the process of writing the manual for the new version of Paramount amp kit which will integrate the soft start circuit. We should be ready to take orders for this new Paramount V1.1 kit pretty soon.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline QueenBottlehead

• Administrator
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 02:37:11 PM
The first batch of Paramount Soft Start Kits were shipped without (2) 300K 1.0w resistors. I will be mailing them out to all the kits I've already shipped tomorrow.
Thank you for your understanding and support of Bottlehead!
-Queen Eileen

Offline Nutube

• AudioAddicted-RefuseRehab
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 03:17:34 AM
Hi doc
I already implemented a robust switch to turn on after main switch. 2 minutes max...manual so far no problem with  all brands of 300b.
Like to try the new driver. ......like the mje heat sink,  strong zener string.....can i use the board and bypass the soft start and the wait 20 minutes part of it and continue using my existing switch

FP 1,2,3, Seduction, 45, Paramount 300B, Paraglow2A3; Dehavilland 845, Eico pp 805,Adcom 555 mono, Sota star saphire ugraded Nova motor & bearings,  Et 2.5 carbon wand on Shelter 901, Koetsu rosewood Sig., on magnesium wand, grado sumiko etc. Custom Edgarhorn with Seismic sub

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 04:07:46 AM
Hey Tony! How you been?

Yes, you could just leave the soft start parts out if you want. Or leave them in and be able to use either the soft start or the switch.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 05:43:03 AM
Tony,

Wow!  I lost the roll of film from 2003 that had a lot of pictures of your custom work.  It seems to have never gotten home.

Could you post some in the gallery?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:18:08 AM by Grainger49 »

Offline Nutube

Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 03:12:51 PM
Hey Tony! How you been?

Yes, you could just leave the soft start parts out if you want. Or leave them in and be able to use either the soft start or the switch.

I am good :-)
.Been real busy travelling  China, S.E.Asia - last year. just came back from Maine  & New England States this fall . Was in Puyallup for 2 weeks this summer but too busy playing tour guide to relatives from Singapore.
Thanks for quick response
So if I leave the soft start on the board and solder everything....then if I turn my Main amp switch on and after a  minute or more I turn my second switch on the soft start will activate fairly soon.
Now if I turn off my amp ( to change/roll) tubes let the tubes cool off.....Say for 10 minute....if I now turn my mains back on;  and then my usual 2 minutes  later, I flip my second switch....would the live circuit  in the soft start dictate that I wait till the  20 minute? If so I would then not solder those soft start parts and make sure I jumper to make the other parts to work and use my own switches  manually. I like what I heard but leaving all the new upgrade board seem to be the time dictator.. May i misunderstood that i use it without soldering and or dont populate the board with those parts.

FP 1,2,3, Seduction, 45, Paramount 300B, Paraglow2A3; Dehavilland 845, Eico pp 805,Adcom 555 mono, Sota star saphire ugraded Nova motor & bearings,  Et 2.5 carbon wand on Shelter 901, Koetsu rosewood Sig., on magnesium wand, grado sumiko etc. Custom Edgarhorn with Seismic sub

Offline Nutube

Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 03:29:41 PM
Tony,

Wow!  I lost the roll of film from 2003 that had a lot of pictures of your custom work.  It seems to have never gotten home.

Could you post some in the gallery?
Hey Grainger :-)
I see you have your own section in the forum......cool. ..congrats!
I have been away  and not as active in audio but listening and buying music quite a bit....now I am ramping up to catch up to see where things are. The  mod itch, like most dermatology just wont go away :-) Thinking nickle irons and the new driver tube for the Paramount.
Once I get my familiarity/ navigation speed up while using my galaxy tab I will post some of the pictures. You  did say at the gallery right. If I recall some years ago when doc first got his own forum i had a bit of difficulty posting pics.....i will do some learning on that section.
I have appreciated your inputs and assistance through the years,  you are a good B'Head. Thanks

Offline Grainger49

Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 02:06:30 AM
Tony,

Thanks!  Stickeyed in my corner is a FAQ Thread.  It has two ways of posting pictures.  I see you know the first way with Bottlehead hosting.  It includes a second way that I most often use now.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:17:47 AM by Grainger49 »