2.49k resistor

PS2500 · 3632

Offline PS2500

on: September 16, 2021, 08:22:38 PM
As I power ahead with my Eros build, I find that I don't have the 2.49 kOhm resistors mentioned on page 65 (for soldering to the red wire of the STP connected to the DPDT switch). I must have misplaced them. I am thinking it would not be a problem to substitute 2.4 k resistors, is that correct? I have plenty of those.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 03:00:56 AM
The ones we are providing right now look a little different than what's in the manual, so it's quite possible that they are there.

2.4K is not going to work properly but 2.5K would be fine.  If you can't get 1% parts, I would buy ten resistors and hand match a close pair.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline PS2500

Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 04:41:04 AM
Thanks for the reply. I measured all the ones I have from the kit and nothing was close to 2.49k. Earlier in the build, I used a couple of 2.49 k resistors on one of the circuit boards, which are the same colour code and appearance as the photo on p. 65, so I guess what came with the kit was probably all visually similar to the manual illustration. Although I try to keep all project parts organized and in a clearly marked container for each specific project, it looks like these wandered off somewhere. Chances of finding them soon, if ever: not high. I'll order some more.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 04:44:33 AM
Oh yeah, I didn't see that we are in the Eros Tape section!  Yes, you should have had four of those resistors.  Do you see the 5M resistors in there?  How about the 100Ks? It would be good to double check that all the EQ parts are there.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline PS2500

Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 12:32:53 AM
Yes, there was no suspicion in my mind that the kit was incomplete when I received it - just that I had mislaid the parts and would have a week or so to wait before new ones arrive from Mouser. Not to mention the cost. As luck would have it I have found them now, and nowhere I expected to. What a relief. I'll solder them in before they escape. I am really keen to get this amp (finally) built and wire a tape deck for it!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 01:19:53 AM by PS2500 »