Why the 220 ohm resistor between the two outputs?

ccmccull · 915

Offline ccmccull

on: December 07, 2021, 07:56:06 PM
I'm curious about the purpose of that 220 ohm resistor between the center pins of the two rca outputs. Does it cause the two outputs to behave differently at all? Thanks!

Colin
{Ortofon 2m Blue > U-Turn Orbit > Eros 2} & {Roon Ropieee RPi4 > hifiberry-digi2-pro > ANK DAC 2.1} > Moreplay > S.E.X. > {{Spendor_S3/5r2 & SVS_SB-1000 (x3)} & Grado_sr325x}

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 06:51:54 AM
The resistors provide some isolation between the outputs, which can be helpful under certain conditions.  If you have long cables to a subwoofer amp, I would plug those into the second set of outputs.  The resistors will slightly increase the output impedance of that pair of jacks, but not substantially.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline ccmccull

Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 08:51:12 AM
Thanks Paul! By chance I had my s/w & main amp hooked up in the opposite way. So I switched them yesterday to see if it made any discernible difference. The system sounds the same, or in other words, still amazing! Thanks again for the quick reply!

Colin
{Ortofon 2m Blue > U-Turn Orbit > Eros 2} & {Roon Ropieee RPi4 > hifiberry-digi2-pro > ANK DAC 2.1} > Moreplay > S.E.X. > {{Spendor_S3/5r2 & SVS_SB-1000 (x3)} & Grado_sr325x}