shipping status

Doc B. · 4146

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #15 on: April 11, 2022, 08:12:51 AM
I am looking into running at a test and tune event at Bonneville in early July before heading to BMST in late August to hunt for another record. After last year's disastrous event - for which I thought I was very well prepared - I want to be even better prepared this year.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Mucker

Reply #16 on: April 12, 2022, 12:26:29 PM
So cool. I still remember Breedlove's insane ride past the telephone poles and into the drink in 1964. Godspeed man. Good luck and wishing you a safe journey to a new record!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #17 on: April 12, 2022, 01:10:09 PM
I'm going a whole lot slower than Breedlove. I've only had one sightly wild moment on a run, a case of rear wheelspin over a soft spot and a slight step out. It happened so fast I just rode it (one is loath to roll off the throttle in landspeed) and it settled right down. Most of my issues have been things like clutch slippage and misfires for various reasons that haven't made the run scary as much as unfulfilling. I did have a valve float issue that caused an adjusting screw to back off at 9K and punch a hole through a valve cover once. That was only scary back in the pits once I saw the hole.

Today we shipped all the Stereomour II kit orders and all the rest of the Crack kits ordered in March will be heading out over the next two days.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Mucker

Reply #18 on: April 13, 2022, 07:51:36 AM
Wow, yes kind of scary when engine parts relocate to places they shouldn't be or debark entirely. I used to frequent the Reno Air races and heard of many times those 4000 HP beasts decided to "throw a jug" ....

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #19 on: April 20, 2022, 01:49:45 PM
Today we are shipping all the Moreplays on order save for the one that was ordered today. We are also shipping all the S.E.X. amps we had orders for. Once again waiting and waiting for transformers and will ship BeePre, Kaiju, Eros and Reduction and put Mainline back in stock for orders just as soon as the various transformers for those kits arrive.

Should be some tape path upgrade kits and Crack kits shipping soon as well as a Crackatwoa and a Stereomour coming up.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #20 on: April 28, 2022, 01:38:33 PM
We finally got power transformers for Eros and Reduction! We will be shipping most (starting with the oldest) of those orders tomorrow, and a couple more recent orders as soon as a couple of backordered parts come in for them. Then we will be shifting to shipping a big batch of Crack kits while we wait for power transformers for BeePre and Kaiju kits to come in. As with the phono preamp kits we have things prepped for the oldest BeePre and Kaiju orders so they can ship out just as soon the the power transformers hit the warehouse. We shipped the oldest tape path kit orders this week too, and a couple more will ship early next week.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #21 on: April 29, 2022, 05:46:49 AM
We just got shipping notice of the power transformers for Beepre2 and Kaiju. We hope to see those early next week and will get the oldest orders out pronto.

We may experience some supply issues with tubes for the immediate future. We purchase a fair number of tubes from Eastern Europe, and the bulk of those have been coming from Ukraine. Naturally people there are trying to live their daily lives as well as they can and for now at least there are still tubes available. I want to help these folks out and it seems like keeping them in business is the decent thing to do. How easily things will ship is the question, and I guess we'll just see how that goes. I've been having a conversation with a tube seller this morning who has had to leave his home and move west since the Russians have occupied his home town. Can't imagine what that is like.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #22 on: May 02, 2022, 12:52:37 PM
Eros orders thru 4/17 shipped last Friday. More shipping when we get some more tubes and a couple other parts in. Today all of the BeePre2 orders we have are packing to ship tomorrow. Ditto tape path kits. The oldest Kaiju kit orders will pack next and then most likely Reduction and then Crack.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #23 on: May 19, 2022, 05:09:39 AM
Our efforts to vastly increase our inventory are starting to show in the shipping status. A lot of Moreplay kits, S.E.X. kits and Reduction kits shipped this week. I believe some BeePre2s will be packing today. I am prepping another run of Crack amps right now, and we should be seeing some tubes from Eastern Europe next week that will allow us to ship more Eros kits. Mainline kits are also coming up in the queue, as are Stereomour2 kits. Kaijus will be available again when we receive output iron from our winder. Hopefully that will be soon.

Thanks for keeping us busy!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #24 on: May 20, 2022, 01:01:20 PM
Today we shipped a good sized stack of Crack kits and all of the Eros2 kit orders. Next week we will be shipping Stereomour2s and Mainline kits. As soon as some 6922 tubes come in from Customs in NY (maybe late next week?) we will be shipping Reduction kits. Shipping status looks about the most caught up it's been for months. So wait times may be on the shorter side if you order soon.

https://bottlehead.com/bottlehead-kit-delivery-status/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 01:07:19 PM by Doc B. »

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #25 on: June 02, 2022, 02:04:09 PM
We are caught up on lots of kits. 20 Crack kits will have shipped this week. The final 9 of those ship tomorrow, covering orders thru May 31st. Reduction, BeePre2, Crackatwoa, Eros2, MonaAmour, Moreplay and tape path kits are caught up. A couple of Tube Repros will ship as soon as packing materials show up, probably early next week. Mainline will ship next week as well. I believe we may be caught up on S.E.X. kits and Steromour2 kits by tomorrow. Still awaiting iron for Kaijus. They will be back in stock as soon as we get a shipping notice for said iron.

Needless to say, it's a good time to order if you like a shorter than usual wait time. These times where we are mostly caught up never last very long...

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #26 on: June 03, 2022, 10:11:10 AM
Quick update - The balance of the Crack kit orders thru the end of May and all of the S.E.X. kit orders are shipping today. Stereomour2 will ship next week, as will some Tube Repros.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #27 on: June 08, 2022, 03:59:39 PM
The Stereomour II and Tube Repros shipped today. Moreplay, Mainline, Crack, Eros and BeePre2 are coming up in the queue.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #28 on: June 14, 2022, 08:00:34 AM
Several Mainlines shipping today. Crack amps are next in the queue, and Moreplay preamps.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #29 on: June 17, 2022, 01:06:08 PM
Eros phono kits and tape path kits shipped today. All but about three products are completely caught up on shipping. It looks like we are out the other side of 90% of our supply chain issues of the past several months. And - we've been so busy packing and shipping that we haven't had time to analyze recent cost increases and subsequent price increases (they will be coming). I can't imagine a better time to order a kit.

https://bottlehead.com/bottlehead-kit-delivery-status/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 01:08:59 PM by Doc B. »

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.