Speaker switch ?

Herbertk · 773

Offline Herbertk

on: March 08, 2022, 07:41:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have been using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093GSS8P7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for a while and it works great for switching between 2 amplifiers.

But now I have 3 and pretty soon probably 4 has anyone found a way to do this or do you just use banana plugs.

I feel like I switch amps based on mood / need and would like to be able to switch between 3 or 4.

I am using a separate switch from my pre-amp to have multiple RCA outputs also.

I understand all of this adds some degradation but do not feel like it is enough to be too concerned about.

Keen to hear what others are doing :)

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 07:56:53 AM
Non-locking bananas make it pretty easy.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline OverAnalyst

• experimental indie/punk/jazz
Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 09:03:00 AM
I'm using that same switch box for my power amps as well. I don't know of anything off-the-shelf, but you can certainly design/build one. I believe the switch used on that A/B switch is a 4-pole single throw (4P1T) type of switch. If you want to switch between 4 amps, I think - but not certain - you would need a 4P4T switch which are available online. And of course, your custom box would have 8 more banana plug connectors.

Offline OverAnalyst

• experimental indie/punk/jazz
Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 10:30:26 AM
also, I think this would work. The Bellari PP532 passive preamp is 4-in-1-out. It can also be used in reverse, 1-in-4-out. I know this works between the source and multiple preamps as I'm doing that right now. Not exactly sure if it'll work between pre-amp and power amp. I want to say this'll do the trick, but not certain.