Stereomour II voltage check [resolved]

DustDoggy · 2199

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #15 on: May 01, 2022, 09:17:40 AM
No, the 41-45 terminal strip is a voltage doubler that works off the AC winding of the power transformer.  You have the correct AC voltage coming out of the power transformer but you don't have the appropriate DC voltage appearing at that terminal strip.  Since you have about half of what I would expect, you are inadvertently half-wave rectifying what's coming out of the PT rather than full wave doubling it.  Most of the time this happens from a loose connection not allowing everything to conduct properly when it's supposed to.

Beyond that you also have a distribution problem beyond this terminal strip, but you need to address the issue above before looking for other problems.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline DustDoggy

Reply #16 on: May 08, 2022, 04:45:39 PM
Just thought I would post an update. After much reflowing, prodding, reflowing and head scratching I wasn't really getting anywhere. I then read a thread where someone had the same problem and decided I would replace the 130ohm 2W resistors. All voltage checks where spot on and the amp is working perfectly and sounds amazing! I'm excited to start the reduction build and get the vinyl spinning.

Offline thoven0215

Reply #17 on: May 09, 2022, 03:19:48 AM
Just wondering, was that thread from me? I got my amp working last weekend, and it has been amazing. Big thank you to PB because I would have not been able to do it without his help.

Offline DustDoggy

Reply #18 on: May 09, 2022, 03:22:39 PM
I hadn't seen that part of your thread yet actually. I did come across this thread though https://forum.bottlehead.com/index.php?topic=8730.0 Glad ya got it up and running!