stereomour kit

87Coug · 1442

Offline 87Coug

on: July 23, 2022, 06:59:37 AM
Hello, Im a new member and am building the stereomour II. Ive reached the stage (page 47) of attaching the 365 ohm metal film resistor (365OF) but they are missing from the packet. I shot an email to Eileen but was curious if this is something I can purchase locally (ie Spokane) or if I need bottle head to send a replacement? Thanks in advance for any feedback, cheers Jack

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 07:01:26 AM
Have you double checked the parts you have by using your meter to measure the resistance of each resistor?  It's quite likely that they came with your kit but just look a bit different than what's pictured in the manual.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline 87Coug

Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 08:44:41 AM
I have not lol, logic is humbling at times. I was going thru the manual and documenting what I have left versus what Ive installed and did find that I installed incorrectly a 33k ohm resistor between the volume and balance potentiometer, so have to fix that. small things and failing eyes 😀. Thanks for the feedback. Cheers, Jack

Offline 87Coug

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 09:43:03 AM
Paul, I was able to figure it out using the meter, so back on track. Thanks for your input.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 10:27:25 AM
For anyone reading this thread, we have a video explaining how to measure your resistors

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.