building cathode: getting a wrong value on tester meter reading [resolved]

denteom · 1140

Offline denteom

Hi Paul:
Getting close to finishing my Beepre 2, I did not have a problem on the A4 A1 reading on the ohm meter both terminal got close to 445.  But when I reached the part of B4 B1, I got a 500+ value on the B4 but got a correct value on the B1. Not sure what the problem could be.  The other thing different here is the 220Ω ¼W carbon film resistor (red, red, brown, gold) to B3.  This is not from the original set since I could have toasted it on my previous thread.  I bought this at a local electronic store.
Since it is an isolated problem can it be the 0.51Ω 3W resistors on the B4 causing the error?
Hope to hear from you soon, thanks
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 05:00:46 PM by Paul Birkeland »

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 11:48:02 AM
Not sure what the problem could be.
You do not have a good mechanical connection with one of those little 2W resistors.  Crimp it adequately (and trim off the excess lead), then you'll likely find that this value will be correct.

No, it is not the 0.51 ohm resistor.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline denteom

Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 09:40:37 AM
Paul:
Thanks for the tip, corrected the problem and finally finished the build.  Checked the final DC voltages so far so good.  Still haven't listened to it yet, probably in the next few days, have to do go back to reality and do my job.  I'll post on how it will sound once I get the time.
Dennis