Stereomour II with Moreplay or by itself

rockdoc · 3741

Offline denti alligator

Reply #15 on: October 28, 2023, 05:40:00 AM
Bumping an old thread because I'm interested in possibly doing this. What would be the disadvantages?

I get next to zero hum without the DC filament; should I be ok keeping it that way if I add the Moreplay?  Will there still be a stepped attenuator upgrade for the Moreplay?

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #16 on: October 28, 2023, 09:49:25 AM
We will be releasing a stepped attenuator upgrade for the Moreplay that comes with some extra goodies, much like the first upgrade in the BeePre.  Time to work on that has been in very, very short supply this year!

Other than having an extra chassis taking up space in the setup and a little extra power consumption, I don't see any issues with this plan. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline denti alligator

Reply #17 on: October 28, 2023, 09:59:51 AM
Cool, thanks. I’d like to use the second output for my Crack. I imagine I’ll want to wire this different, since the gain will be too much for the headphone amp?

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #18 on: October 28, 2023, 10:03:28 AM
You could wire the output going to the Crack to the selector switch as a tape output, so the selector switch can be used to direct your sources to the Crack, but the Moreplay can be left turned off and not contribute more gain to an otherwise adequately sensitive HP amp.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline denti alligator

Reply #19 on: October 28, 2023, 10:07:28 AM
Perfect. Thanks! This is what I’ll do. I’ve recently had the chance to listen at higher volumes, which I love, and I noticed that with some records I can easily turn the Stereomour all the way up and still want more. Adding the MorePlay would take care of that nicely. I imagine with it turned all the up I would leave the ohms wiring as I have it?

- Sam

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #20 on: October 28, 2023, 10:12:13 AM
Yes, I wouldn't change the impedance configuration.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline denti alligator

Reply #21 on: December 06, 2023, 02:52:31 AM
Quick follow-up, since I‘ve now ordered the Moreplay: should I do this wiring during assembly or wait till it‘s done? Should be pretty simple mod, right?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 03:41:45 PM by denti alligator »

- Sam