Kaiju / BeePre combination

hpleung · 2019

Offline hpleung

on: October 19, 2022, 09:33:24 AM
Hi,

I have a completed Kaiju but have not started on my BeePree Preamp yet. I currently run my Kaiju using a Solid State (Ferrum Orr/Hypsos) as preamp and it sounds very good. I do get the Warm and Tube sound. Sounds absolutely incredible with the 1266. So I was wondering what type of sound signature changes I could expect when I do the following combination.

1. Bee Pre + Benchmark AHB2
2. Bee Pre + Kaiju

Versus my current setup of "Ferrum Orr/Hypsos" + Kaiju.

It will probably take me a month or 2 to complete my Bee Pre, i can post my impression after.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 04:33:10 AM
It would be interesting to hear your impressions when you get the BeePre built.  I suspect they will sound very different!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline PT

Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 10:42:41 PM
Im my humble experience, BeePre2 with output upgrades completely changed the way Kaiju sounds - when bee-pre is in the chain upgrade is from “Good” to “Fantastic”. Time to time I perform the test again, panic, check all the wiring and voltages in the Kaiju, and after confirming its O.K., go back to the old setup with Beepre2 in the chain. It works wonders!
How is your experience with BeePre?

Offline Bubbatwoa

Reply #3 on: February 19, 2023, 06:33:53 AM
I think an even more interesting question is, where does the 300b tube have the most impact on sound characteristics?  As a preamp tube, or an amplifier output tube?

Offline PT

Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 06:38:10 AM
For me 300B puts on a show working in pre amp chain, both with solid state and tube amps.