Moreplay>PreBee2!?!?

Dzrout · 1501

Offline Dzrout

on: December 22, 2022, 07:59:01 AM
I bought an assembled PreBee2, Decked out with all the options. I have been listening to it for a few days, it sounds great. But just for the shit of it, I put the Moreplay back in its place. I think that the Moreplay sounds better. It sounds more “Full” to me. Midrange is better. It’s not as bright. Maybe that’s what people like about the 300.. maybe I’m crazy. But every now and then I have to remind myself that this whole hobby is subjective and based on individual tastes. Just because a lot regard one setup as “better” doesn’t mean that it’s “better” to everybody. I’m haven’t written it off yet. But has anybody else had a similar experience with the two?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 09:18:07 AM
The Moreplay will bring a tubey fatness that's a little softer sounding, and this could certainly work better in some systems.  I am bringing a bunch of preamps to a local gentleman's house next week with IcePower amps and Joseph Pearl speakers and a lot of hard/untreated surfaces, and I would expect that the Moreplay will work well in his system. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Dzrout

Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 01:22:07 PM
I definitely hear that.

The 300b is very transparent. But I don’t get that reverb on the guitar like I get with the Moreplay.

I let my wife listen to them both. (She doesn’t care) and she liked the 300b better. She likes vocals. I like guitar. So that explains the that! Lol.

Well I’ll have to rotate them.