Stereomour II direct input

Thijs · 1843

Offline Thijs

on: January 12, 2023, 09:03:06 AM
Hi all,

As per the instructions in this thread https://forum.bottlehead.com/index.php?topic=11591.msg105509#msg105509, I plan on doing this mod and save the top plate in the process of trying out an external AVC. My question is if you complete the mod and put the 100K resistors across the input and feed the extra set of RCA's directly to the same terminals, will the original inputs/ MourQuiet still work when there's no signal coming thru the direct input? Or do you lose that functionality completely?

TL;DR Will the MourQuiet controls still work after this mod, when being fed a signal through the original inputs?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Thijs

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 10:56:52 AM
I would not recommend that, as whether it works or not will depend entirely on the positions of the volume controls, and on that basis it's not a great idea.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Thijs

Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 09:14:26 PM
Thanks for clarifying, Paul! I’ll make sure to leave it alone and just set it at 0 when the mod is done.

Cheers,
Thijs

Offline Thijs

Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 06:55:30 AM
One last question about the modification, if you don't mind.

In your reply together with the image of the terminal connections, you mention wiring the jacks directly into the terminals indicated.
If I do this, I still also need to put the 100K resistor to ground as indicated, correct? Just checking because upon re-reading your comment I was in doubt.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Thijs