Moreplay and S3X. A source of heat

erick.lehnert.baron@gmail · 537

Offline erick.lehnert.baron@gmail

on: April 01, 2023, 10:54:55 AM
Up here in Quebec, It is still quite cold at night.

So I leave my preamp and amplifier on as an additional source of heat. I discovered this quite by accident. After a few late nite listening sessions, aided by a few scotches, I forgot to turn off my amps.

I found the heat in the listening room from the tubes to be a better quality heat. It was warmer, felt better to the skin. I understand this is highly subjective and I can't find the proper adjectives to describe the comfort provided from the tube heat. But it is very real. I challenge others with a better grasp of the english language to define this phenonium better than I can.

I imagine this is not the most efficient use of electrical energy. So maybe someone has already undertaken this study. I would be curious to know if I am selfishly mis using our vital resources.

Anyway, I look forward to warmer weather so I can return to 4 wheeling in the beautiful mountains of northern Quebec.

Have a great day all...

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 11:12:17 AM
These pieces of equipment use less power than an old incandescent 150W light bulb, so wasting resources doesn't seem too concerning. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man