Moreplay Channel Imbalance

jminassi · 701

Offline jminassi

Reply #15 on: February 16, 2024, 10:01:51 AM
Thanks!

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #16 on: February 16, 2024, 01:59:53 PM
So while I've completed 21 electronics builds over the last three years, I apparently still don't know how to solder....
I've been doing this for about 25 years and the only thing that's really changed is that I immediately look for my bad solder joints when something isn't quite right.

Which powder color is that?  Every time I do a sparkly blue, I end up feeling like it's too dark, but that color you've selected looks just right.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline jminassi

Reply #17 on: February 16, 2024, 03:07:16 PM
The thing is I couldn't identify which solder joint was bad.  Usually they look gray instead of shiny or they have a kind of crystalline look that isn't right.  But once you guided me to which to it, I reflowed that joint and everything that was attached to it.

I picked that color out of about a hundred sample chips over a year ago.  I don't know the manufacturer or the color.  I use a guy in West Chester here in Pennsylvania named Dan James.  He powder coats part time.  He calls his powder coating business Full Spectrum.  And his rates are very reasonable for hobbyists.  I think the charge for this plate and the red plate for my friend's Moreplay that I built plus the black transformer bell housings was $60 altogether.

John