BeePre 2 Chassis Plate Scratches/ Finish

Emoreigns · 216

Offline Emoreigns

on: February 21, 2024, 05:52:32 AM
Questions for the community here-

Just unboxed my BeePre 2 and glued up the base- Went to start working on the chassis, and I was surprised that my metal plate was scratched up bad on both sides, with the TOP side being even worse?

Do these BeePre's not have a finish on them like the Crack's do, or that the Picture of the BeePre has?

Not sure if this is a mistake, or if you just NEED to paint this for the BeePre- I was hoping to leave it as the stock aluminum, but that is not going to work given the condition it is in right now.

Thank you everyone for the help,

~Happy Listening

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 08:34:26 AM
We messed up. You should have received a panel that was deburred and lightly grained. I no longer do the wavy finish pattern in the product photo as I am unable to hold the angle grinder due to arthritis. The current panels are supposed to be lighly grained by the laser cutting service we use, or very occasionally by the drum sander I bought that is rather dicey to use (eats panels, a very expensive risk). That out of date wavy finish panel image on the website is part of the reason that we are currently working on majorly revamping the website, which will have new product shots with the current lightly grained finishes. We will get a properly grained panel out to you. As an option I happen to have one wavy grained panel I found last week that we would be happy to send to you if you would prefer that over a more plainly deburred panel.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Emoreigns

Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 12:48:45 PM
Oh that is a relief! I thought something was off- But I wanted to double check first. If you have a wavy one still I would prefer that one for sure Doc!!

And for my own edification; what attachment do you use to get that effect with the angle grinder. If you send me that wavy one, I am going to figure out how to do that to my Kaiju to match :)

Thanks for the help as always Doc! Much appreciated-

~Happy Listening

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 01:01:58 PM
We will send the wavy panel. I used a wire brush. FWIW no one else seemed to be able to reproduce the exact squiggles I made. Probably some particular set of defects in my genetics.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Emoreigns

Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 01:12:28 PM
It's a cool and unique design/ pattern Doc- that is for sure.

Do you need my contact info/ address or do you guys have it already from ordering? I can send you a DM if necessary-

Thanks again Doc-

~Happy Listening

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 02:31:04 PM
If it's same address as the kit shipped to we have it in our database.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Emoreigns

Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 05:25:23 AM
Yes sir- Same address.

Thanks Doc

~Happy Listening