Almost there - KREG Voltage issues. [resolved]

Art Andrews · 521

Offline Art Andrews

on: May 19, 2024, 12:18:46 PM
I believe I have passed every check test until the very last one. According to the manual, the KREG Regulator Board voltage should be 8-12V mine are 3.6 and 4.11.

I also have only 4 of the LEDs working (and they are so dim you can only see them with the lights out). Interestingly, because the boards are flipped, it is the LEDs on the same side of each, which I feel should be telling me something.

I have gone back over the solders and the wiring. Maybe I am repeatedly missing something, but I can't tell what is wrong or where to go from here.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 06:47:22 AM by Paul Birkeland »

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 04:44:28 AM
What are your OB voltages on your outer high current C4S boards?  I suspect those LEDs are dim because your 6C45 tubes aren't conducting sufficiently.  Did you notice the instruction to fold over and solder together one pair of legs on each of the blue bias trim pots?

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Art Andrews

Reply #2 on: June 02, 2024, 06:49:45 PM
Just got back from a trip. I checked, and sure enough, the pot pins were the issue. I misread the directions. Corrected, retested, biased, and now, for the first time, listening to my newly finished amp! Thanks, Paul.