Foreplay III troubleshooting

q · 35954

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 02:33:33 PM
The #1 sticky on the general board has a link to the old forum. Been up there since this new forum went live.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Len

Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 02:41:09 PM
The #1 sticky on the general board has a link to the old forum. Been up there since this new forum went live.

That's fine for those of us who know it's there. But there is no way to know it's there from the forum homepage. The General Forum subheading describes it as a place to discuss anything we want. That really isn't a clue, IMHO.

Paramours
Paraglows
Excites
Heavily modded Soul Sister and Groove Thang
Quickie modded to active low pass filter
Quickie modded to headphone amp
Lots of Bottlehead parts used for building other stuff

Offline RKH

Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 08:11:47 PM
So I purchased the Harrison Labs inline attenuators (12 dB) (from Parts Express, no affiliation on my part) and inserted them between my FP III and my solid state amp (AKSA 55 N+). That took care of the tube hiss/rush almost entirely.  I'm using some ~93 dB/watt open baffle speakers that I built and can only hear the hiss when I put my ear right next to the driver.  All I can say is, wow.  Make that WOW!  I now get to listen to the FP-III with all that is has to offer.  I've only just begun to listen to my library and I really enjoy this combination.  Now I need to finish my Seduction and get my vinyl out... so many projects, so little time.

Cheers for the support and great preamp!
Ryan