Straight Out Of The Wall

lextek · 10557

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 05:16:49 AM
If that's the stuff Jennifer used to use as contact enhancer it's similar to dielectric grease used for automotive distributors. That works nicely.

I believe that "dimethylpolysiloxane oxide" is also called simethicone. It's a great cure for flatulence.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

4krow

Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 11:28:11 AM
 AC power has always been a fascination for me. I have messed with it since I was a kid. As I became more aware of the crap that we call electricity in our homes, I have tried numerous devices, for the sake of experiment, on power lines and equipment. In my town (and probably yours too), some kind of filtration/protection  is an excellent idea. The trick is knowing chaff from wheat. Earlier in this thread, someone wrote that they had a $1,200 conditioner that amounted to not much more than a choke, an mov, a switch, a light, and a box to put them in. It was maybe $200 in parts. Get used to the idea that there is a sea of companies dying to take your money. I have a Brick Wall filter made by a company of the same name, and it uses the parts mentioned above. I believe that it cost me $250, and yes, worth every penny that I paid for it. It doesn't improve the sound, but it does give me piece of mind. I did upgrade it however with a PS Audio power port, only because of the grip, and then installed an IEC outlet so that I could use the cord that I wanted.   The only other concept that I think is worthwhile is one that uses balanced power by means of a regenerator or transformer.  My two cents...