great DIY webpage

sl-15 · 1975

Offline sl-15

on: March 28, 2011, 04:16:31 PM
i found this webpage and highly recommend the DIY/audio section. it has really good info in particular for beginners. oh, and even better, they also mention bottlehead on the main page.
stefan

http://www.co-bw.com/index.htm

Stefan Hampel
Soundsmith Carmen, modded Technics SL-1200mkII, Thorens TD 125 mk2 with SME V, Eros, Extended Foreplay III, BeePre2, Crack, Pioneer Spec 4, Sonus Faber Electa

Offline Yoder

Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 02:44:29 PM
Why thank you. It is actually my web site, and has been growing for many years. If you did any exploring you will find a lot of stuff on woodwinds, Adobe Creative Suite, graphic design, problem solving, science, OS X, etc. It started as a site selling Kanstul brass instruments, and then I started using it as a replacement for textbooks for my classes. All the while every time I did any research on DIY audio/electronics, home recording, etc. I would archive the information primarily for my use. The site was out of hand a year ago, and I am slowly whittling it down as I get ready to retire. FTI: co-bw stands for COlorado Brass and Woodwinds

Regarding the DIY electronics/guitar/audio stuff, I have contacted most of the manufacturers whose material I use and have even made some monetary contributions to others to use post their material. I have also created a lot of the pages myself. I have not done any serious work on it in a few months due to other obligations, but for the noob or the experienced there is almost everything one needs, or links to the appropriate sites, in terms of DIY resources. When I first jumped into the DIY world I became frustrated by how many different sites I would have to visit to get the right info...this frustration is what drove me to construct the site.

I still have many audio DIY links that I need to post, as well as about 20 tutorials pertaining to building a home server/audio system using OS X (sorry, I abandoned Windows a few years back.) I am always open to constructive criticism or if there is something someone would like to see posted then please let me know--not that it will happen immediately, but it will be placed on my "to-do" list.

Yea, I decided to show off my Crack on the index page. I have visited hundreds of DIY sites, and BH is by far the most comprehensive when it comes to products and offers the most bang for the buck.

Offline Steve_in_NV

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:52:31 AM
A Most Excellent site!

Offline Yoder

Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 10:26:45 AM
Since this thread has DIY in it's title, I figured I would post a pretty sweet recent find.

There are a couple of threads here at the BH Forum where we have been discussing room acoustics, and while doing some research on the web today I ran into this site. It is a nice introduction to room acoustics, and is put together like a book. He presents a nice room blueprint for those who feel the need to remodel their existing accommodations. http://www.acoustics101.com/default.asp