Open HLMP 6000 supplied in Eros kit

milosz · 2762

Offline milosz

on: May 18, 2011, 08:48:12 AM
I bought an Eros kit, yesterday I got to the point where I tested the regulated B+ supply (page 58 of the manual.)  Only 3 LEDs lit, one channel B+ was 224.5 volts the other was 239 volts. I checked all wiring, part orientation, etc.  Finally I unsoldered the unlit HLMP 6000 LED and found it to be open (both directions.) "Stealing" an HLMP 6000 LED from one of the plate load / servo boards and soldering it into the shunt regulator board confirmed that this was indeed the problem. With the "stolen" HLMP 6000 LED in place of the open one, the board worked fine-  all 4 LEDs lit, and B+ was supplied at 224.4 volts for each channel.

How do I get a replacement part?  I sent an email to Queen, but I've yet to receive a reply. I can't complete the kit without the HLMP 6000 LED.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:17:13 AM
Call Eileen and she will mail one to you.  If you catch her today it will leave either today or tomorrow.  The number is on the contacts page:

http://www.bottlehead.com/contu/cntu.html

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 11:15:33 AM
Sorry to say Eileen has been out of the office this week with a badly wrenched back. I'm trying to keep up with both of our jobs in the meantime but I'm a bit behind. We'll get a LED out to you ASAP.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline JC

Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 11:56:05 PM
Yikes!  I hate that when it happens!

Best wishes to Eileen for a speedy recovery!  BTW, I usually have luck visiting the swimming pool when the back goes.  Not so much for swimming, just moving around in chest-deep water seems to help.

Jim C.

Offline milosz

Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 11:49:39 AM
Sorry to hear, back problems are horrible afflictions to have.  I count myself fortunate indeed to never have had any in my 57 years. My ancestors used to pull plows across the steppe, I think; all the men in my family are built like oxen. Our family photos look like WWF lineups. On one hand, I am grateful to have avoided bank trouble.  On the other hand, whenever someone I know has needed to move a 205 lb air conditioner down three flights of stairs and through the alley*, I am the one they called.....

Doc, the LEDs arrived and I finished the kit, it all works fine.  Haven't done any real listening yet.

*Actual event