Over here Xavier!

ironbut · 9777

Offline ironbut

on: November 11, 2009, 03:18:35 PM
Ooh,.. a nice empty forum for me to discuss things I know absolutely nothing about (to quote Father Guido Sarducci).

Unfortunately Xavier, have problems with most in ear monitors so I can't really say that I've listened to enough of them to speak with any authority (as if that ever stopped me in the past!).
Some of my Headfi pals do like the Yuins and just like so many things in audio, until you've tried them yourself, you'll probably never know if they're your cup of tea.

That said, I don't know if you've tried "in ears" or clip ons but I do have a pair of each that are just collecting dust. Just say the word and I'll get them in the mail to you this week (the IEMs are Crossroads MylarOne X3. I'm pretty sure I still have the selection of ear adapters. The clip ons are Yuin G2a. Both are new ones I won in Heafi meet raffles).

steve koto

Offline xcortes

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 11:36:02 AM
Hi Steve.

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass. I have tried IEMs before (Etys) and sold them because they are very uncomfortable. But these ones are a different kind being more earbuds than ear canal headphones they should be much more comfortable and non isolating (which is good for the office environment). I have a pair of HD-650 at the office but, even though I can concentrate much better with them on, I don't feel comfortable by the looks I get :[)

I already have a Sex amp at the office and I'm thinking of adding my "small" tape gear. It would be comprised of my Technics, two seductions modded for mono and shunt regulated and I might try to talk a friend into modding a Dolby unit for me. But that I will decide later.

Xavier Cortes

Offline xcortes

Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 06:40:56 AM
Just thought I'd report back on the Yuin PK1.

I've been using them with my modded Quickie. At the 200 ohm tap of the TL 404s they do a fantastic job.

They're not intrusive as in ear monitors. Actually they're so light they're really as if they weren't there. I've tried many cans and iem and can't use them for long sessions without some tiredness, heat or even pain (exception made of the R10s -who else?-).

The sound is relaxed without being muffled.

Would these compete in sound with the "flagship" headphones? Maybe not. But they're not far away. I think a pair of HD600s would have a hard time beating these. And try to wear a pair of HD600 for a couple of hours without your ears melting.

They should work very well with a Crack.

If you need to listen to music for long times and want something that sounds very nice, is extremely comfortable, is stealth (no one will notice you're using these from more than 2m away -Grainger, that's about 6 or 7 feet-) go ahead and order a pair. At about $150 you don't have much to loose!

ps. They don't isolate and they need an amp so don't buy them to use directly from your ipod on a plane.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:02:58 AM by xcortes »

Xavier Cortes