Burlingame Audio show

John Roman · 1120

Offline John Roman

on: July 18, 2011, 04:09:45 PM
Was there on Saturday.  Was surprised at how many really nice systems were set up in small hotel rooms. Was nice to see the gear but difficult to really listen. Of course Magico had a nice size room showing their Q3's. Got a chance to see the new Auralitti music server in the same room. MBL impressed me the most. In a decent size room (larger than most) their 101E MK 2's had me listening the most. Supported by gynormous  sand amps. It was the first time in quite awhile I had a chance to listen to some nice vinyl. Sorry I can't recall the names. I sort of jumped from room to room looking for a crowd to disperse so I could sit a while and wait for some jazz to be played. I didn't see any Bottlehead gear and I searched everywhere.
Anyone else attend the show?
Regards,
John

Regards,
John
Extended Foreplay 3 / 300B Paramount's / BassZilla open baffle/ Music Streamer 2 / Lenovo Y560-Win7-JRMC & JPlay

Offline ironbut

Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:04:03 AM
Hi John,
I was there on Sat-Sun and had a blast!
Doc had his new phono pre in the Marutani Consulting room which was behind the Blue Coast Recording room where they were doing the recording demos. The sound in there was superb!
The Bob Hodas Acoustical Analysis room on the 3rd floor was rolling 1/2" tape through the Bottlehead Tape Repro and the sound was sublime. I spent most of my time in there as a matter of fact.
Sorry I missed you.

steve koto