Caps and Resistors, Seduction.

Laudanum · 1950

Offline Laudanum

on: July 21, 2011, 04:19:11 AM
Im doing a parts order for Seduction and FP III build (stock for now).

Seduction will be with the C4s upgrade.  I think I read that the stock output caps are .47 uF for Seduction.  Is this correct?  Also, if the load is much lower than recommended 50K, that upping those caps to 1.0uF would be a good idea.  Is there any harm in using 1.0uF output caps regardless?  Or is it better to stick with the stock .47uf value?  In the pictures, I see a bunch of "OJ" types used in Seduction.  I kinda liked them in other builds so not looking to upgrade them all.  Just maybe the 2 output caps.

Also, I didnt see any wirewound resistors in the pictures.  Am I correct in assuming that they arent used in Seductions PS circuit?  If I missed them, can someone please share the wattages and values.

Thanks.

Desmond G.

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 05:26:47 AM
1.0uF is fine for an output cap. We use that value in the Eros, which has the same output circuit.

The filament power supply uses a 1.2 ohm, 3 watt resistor, and the RRSF in the high voltage supply uses two 10-ohm wirewound resistors, nominally 3 watts.

Depending on the particular tubes you use, the 1.2 ohm resistor might be changed to optimize the heater voltage, which should be in the range 5.7 to 6.0 volts. You might chect the voltage before you order parts to see if you want to make a change.

The 10 ohm resistors rely on the tiny inductance of a wirewound. Do NOT get non-inductive wirewounds for this application!

Paul Joppa

Offline Laudanum

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 11:55:16 AM
I'll leave resistors as stock in this one and change 1.2 ohm if/as needed.
I'll just add a couple caps to my order for the Seduction then. 

Thanks again Paul.  I appreciate it.

Desmond G.