Cryogenic Tubes for Seduction

davethegrinch · 2912

Offline davethegrinch

on: September 06, 2011, 08:33:34 AM
Hi Folks,
Anybody had experiences with the Reflector 6N23P-EV Military Super Cryo tubes ( newbielink:http://www.cryoset.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_24&products_id=262&osCsid=e4m0cjj2bnkg77k74htqu0s6g7)? [nonactive]

Does cryogenically frozen tubes make a difference? What about "super-cryo" (basically tubes frozen a number of times)?

Thanks,
Dave

Offline Lee Hankins

Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 11:07:09 AM
Dave, I purchased this same tube from Cryoset several years ago (they did not have a "super-cyro" at that time).  IMHO I did not hear any difference between a non-cyro or cyroed 6H23 Rocket Logo tube (both tube pairs purchased from Cryoset).  They have more than doubled the price with the new "super-cyro" designation.  I do believe in the cryo process, it should increase the life span of the tube but I have not found that it improves the sound of a tube or silver wire. 

I have also experimented with identical cyroed and non-cyroed silver interconnects, and again IMHO did not hear any difference in the wire or enough difference to justify the additional cost.  The only area where I have found that I could actually hear an improvement was in interconnects with better quality RCA connectors, usually the lower mass of the connector the better the cable sounded.   

Lee Hankins
"End of the Road"
Homer, Alaska