Meet at Bottleheadquarters, Bainbridge Island, Saturday, November 19, noon to 4

Doc B. · 7243

Offline saildoctor

Funny that I read this thread today.  I'm a sailmaker in Seattle - I had an old salt come up to my workplace today and came up with a good one:  "People will work to keep a wood boat going until they are out of funds, lack physical health, or lose their emotional capability to own one."  

Sorry I missed the meet last weekend, I think I'll try to make the next one and check out the bottleheadquarters!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:00:13 PM by saildoctor »

Kerry Sherwin

45 Paramounts, 6SN7 Extended FPIII, OC3 regulated Seduction
Blumenstein Orca Deluxe / 2x Orca Subs
VPI Classic / ADC CD-100x

Offline 2wo

• Test

I like tube amps, real wood speakers, and real wood sailboats as well.

You know, I think the same thing can be said for old British Motor cars, or Cycles. I know, I've been a slave to both...John
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:56:23 PM by 2wo »

John Scanlon

Offline xcortes

Is that's still what you're using (I know it was four on your case)?

Xavier Cortes

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Sail Doc,

Yes, that would desribe me -- no funds for a wood boat and definitely nowhere near healthy enough to even consider owning a boat of any kind.

John, yes, was a big triumph/MG fan in the day.  A friend had inherited a early 50s MG-TC that we were going to restor back in the 70s.  Not sure what he ever did with it, but we took it compltely apart, cataloged eevery part, rebuuilt the engine to a class 4 racing engine )and I don't even remember what that eans anymore :-) ), and then lifee happened, we lost touch, and well, that was a thousand years ago.

Also briefly owned a BSA and a royal enfield, but never a vincent.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)