D style four pin XLR?

Todd R · 3028

Offline Todd R

on: October 24, 2011, 12:06:01 PM
Hi Gang,
I'm thinking I might use a D style four pin XLR on this Smack kit instead of 2 - 3 pin XLR's.
However, looking through Neutrik's extensive selection of jacks, I cannot determine which one would be correct for this kit.
Do you have a model number that I should be use?

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 01:01:10 PM
Hi Todd,

I don't have an answer for you, but I think I'm getting a Smack for christmas from my wife, and have looked around and don't see many 4 pin xlrs, but if you found the right one, could you let me know which one it is.

Also, being a total newbie to balanced headphones (except for hearing them here and there over the past couple of years), I actually have no idea if the chassis mount is supposed to be the male or female connector -- and is this the same for 3 and 4 pin connectors?

It looks like Furutec doesn't even make a 4-pin type, though I certainly wouldn't limit myself to what they offer.

I  just scored a open box special on HD800s this morning, so I will want to use them in balanced mode on the Smack, but with adaptors on the Crack.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Todd R

Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 02:02:33 PM
Neutrik has them.
Check your PM.