Adding additional outputs on Foreplay 3 to feed a headphone amp

Pfenning · 1927

Offline Pfenning

• My knockoffs
    • This is the place
I'm a longtime Bottlehead guy. I got my Foreplay 2, and Paramours more than 10 years ago. I love this stuff, it still amazes me every time I listen to it. So I feel like I want to upgrade to the Foreplay 3, and I would like to add one of the Bottlehead headphone amps in the near future. So my question is regarding outputs on the Foreplay 3. I have powered subs, so I need 2 sets of outputs for subs and Paramours. I'm thinking I would like to add a third set to feed a headphone amp. Does this make sense? How does everyone here drive their headphone amps? I don't really want a dedicated source to just the headphone amp. Please give me some advise.

Thanks, Pfenning

Pfenning

Paramour 1's with c4s and iron upgrade, Foreplay II, Seduction with c4s, Crack (stock) and Foreplay III (waiting to be built), DIY turntable with Rega RB250 arm with Incognito wiring, Oppo DVD, Pi Stage 4's and DIY subs

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 05:35:35 AM
Yes, that makes perfect sense.  You can either drill another pair of holes, buy another pair of 1k ohm resistors and wire them exactly as the second output on the FP III or... buy a pair of these:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=240-127

I prefer the first option because it gives some isolation between the outputs.  That means the input impedances do not affect each other.  Well, probably that they don't affect each other as much.